EXPAND YOUR TEACHING
Come join me for a 5 week program to refine and redefine your offerings as a Teacher.
As I've grown over the years throughout my teaching I have always wanted someone to constantly give me feedback and help me grow in my craft. I've noticed that an experience like this is hard to come by. When I did my 500hr teacher training with Noah Maze and my apprenticeship with Sara Strother one of my biggest take away was recording my classes. I found that it allowed me to see what was going on in the room and take notice to the awkward things I was doing. I was also able to notice the way I controlled the room, and the filler words that I didn't even know I used.
This 5 week course is for any teacher who has been in my position. Maybe you are feeling stale in your teaching? Maybe you are looking for inspiration? It could also be that you just want honest feedback. This program is an opportunity to explore the depths of your teaching.
Each time we meet will be anywhere from 90mins-2hrs.
- On the first session we will meet together to develop a learning/teacher contract. Through this contract we will discuss what you are hoping to get out of this experience and discuss any questions you want to address. *This is the time for you to discuss anything and everything you want me to know about your teaching or questions you have regarding teaching and/or asana.
- I will come take your class as a student so I can see you in your element and understand your teaching style. After the class we will go over your sequence and I will give you honest feedback of the class.
- We will meet and go over sequencing for focus pose classes, peak pose classes, and a general ‘potpourri’ class. We will also go over the use of props and their importance.
- When we meet during our fourth session you will teach one of the sequences we have made together and I will observe your class. In this process I will be able to notice any filler words, body language, your presence in the room, and interaction with the students.
- The last time we meet will be an open workshop to discuss 8 specific poses of your choosing. We will focus on the alignment of these postures, adjustments, modifications and variations.
This course will include but not be limited to
- Sequencing, Adjustments, Modifications
During this 5 week program we will meet once a week. The schedule will depend on you. I will be able to work around your schedule which includes your public classes and free time to meet.
In order to participate you must have a public yoga class in the Chicago area.
Time must be carved out weekly for non-contact hours to complete assignments, and cultivate a home practice.
$450 Paid in Full
$150 Deposit to Secure you spot!
Payment Plan Option
Payment 1: $150
Payment 2: $100
Payment 3: $50
All $150 deposits are nonrefundable. Personal checks, cash, and venmo are all acceptable forms of payment. There will be no refunds once we begin.
Light On Yoga by BKS Iyengar
Yoga in Action: Preliminary Course book by Geeta S. Iyengar